Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Good ol times
Well last night was the first time in about six years that I got on the ice to play hockey. Needless to say, it took me a few minutes to shake the cobwebs off and get back into form but it was a blast. When I look back to my days of playing hockey, it was my life. I ate, drank and slept hockey when I wasn;t on the ice. I think of all the tournaments out of town, big games and shootouts it makes me wish I still played. Playing competitive hockey, like any compoetitive team sport, takes a great deal of dedication. Despite how much i loved and still love the sport, at the time I decided to stop, in grade 11, I felt that spending my last high school year with my friends was more important. I still keep the memories of my years of hockey at heart and remember the highs and lows. So needless to say, being able to get back on the ice last night was great. I am still a little short of that flow experience since for the most part, I am still rusty and the other guys are very skilled and most still play, but it won't take me long to sharpen up the old skills. Till then, I am looking forward to next Tuesday for the next time to get onto the ice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment