Monday, September 29, 2008

Summary 1

Well, this past month has been quite good. Hockey is just around the corner and I'm always looking forward to game nights with friends at home or the bar. Also, I just started playing hockey again in a garage league and it's great. One thing I noticed though, is how I limit myself to the kinds of things I do by not being more proactive.

I always find myself doing the same things and not really being too varying. The main constraint I have is that interpersonally, most of my friends never want to do anything. They're either too tired after just finishing work, or just don't have the money etc. I find I tend to be too passive in that I will accommodate them. Also, I suppose the fact the past couple of weeks most of my friends were sick.

However, with all that said, I finally decided to get things moving and am planning several trips with my friends. This might be a very cool project, with England and Japan being the two destinations I might be going to!

I learned though that I was almost in a state of learned helplessness in that I felt I could only do what my friends felt like doing, since they never seem to want to go downtown or to a new place it seems. It turns out that all it took was for me to voice my thoughts and then ideas started coming. For one, we went to a pool hall near the plateau called Boule Noir. It was nice for some new scenery.

I guess when I think about it, I am also constantly aware of my leisure options and choices and although I might be tired of the same thing, I prefer that with my friends than something new on my own. I'm the person who likes to shares those times with friends.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey, I'm glad to hear that you are aware of your leisure needs and in the process of making a change. I always wanted to travel and I hope to do so as soon as I finish school and make some money. England and japan are two very different places and culture what made you decide on those two?

I went to "Six Minutes to Say Goodbye" page, I like the band's influences and decided to check it out. I thought it sounded great and that your band should try to be heard!!

Goodluck,
Melanie Smyth

MommyLife said...

Good start. You have expressed ideas or leisure interests that you have but they should be connected to ideas of leisure education. 6/10